Friday, Sept. 28 Seattle Mariners 7:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Fan Appreciation Weekend
- Pre-game presentation – Brandon McCarthy recognized as A’s nominee for Robert Clemente Award
- Live national anthem – Manuel Romero
- XFINITY Friday Family Pack
- CSNCA Authentic Fan Friday
- Pre-game player visit to the Green Stampede Homework Club as a reward for students attending all eight study sessions (after BP)
- A’s fan to bring water to the umpires, as part of Fan Appreciation Weekend
Saturday, Sept. 29 Seattle Mariners 1:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Fan Appreciation Weekend
- Giveaway item – A’s team photo, courtesy of Kingsford Capital Management (10,000 fans)
- Pre-game presentation – Dave Stewart Community Service Award to Jonny Gomes
- Color Guard – Rotary Day
- Live national anthem – Casey Rico
- Cache Creek Saturday
- SONY Saturday
- A’s fan to “steal the base,” as part of Fan Appreciation Weekend
- A’s Community Fund Silent Auction, behind Section 120 (partner: Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame)
- Post-game event – Church Community Day, featuring Donnie Moore and Radical Reality performing Feats of Strength
Sunday, Sept. 30 Seattle Mariners 1:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Fan Appreciation Weekend / Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day
- Giveaway item – Deuce Brand sports watch, presented by Pepsi (10,000 fans)
- Take the Field with the A’s, sponsored by Washington Hospital
- Ceremonial first pitch – A’s season ticket holder
- Live national anthem – Piedmont Choir
- A’s Silent Auction, behind Section 120 (proceeds benefit: American Tinnitus Association)
- SONY Sunday
- Season ticket holder to serve as guest PA announcer, as part of Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day
- Little A’s program, sponsored by Bank of America and the Oakland Zoo
Monday, Oct. 1 Texas Rangers 7:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Live national anthem – Nicky DePaola
- Pre-game presentation – Bill King Scholarship
Tuesday, Oct. 2 Texas Rangers 7:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Chevy Free Parking Tuesday
- Pre-game presentation – Jim “Catfish” Hunter Award
- Live national anthem – Bryan Dyer
Wednesday, Oct. 3 Texas Rangers 12:35 p.m. CSNCA
- Pre-game presentation – Barons player of the month for September
- Live national anthem – Reckless Kelly
- BART $2 Wednesday
- Food Bank Wednesday
For additional information about the promotions or events listed above, please visit www.oaklandathletics.com.
Roberto Clemente Award Nominee: A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy will be recognized as the A's nominee for the national 2012 Roberto Clemente Award during an on-field ceremony prior to game Friday, Sept. 28. The Roberto Clemente Award, sponsored by Chevrolet, recognizes the player who best exemplifies the game of baseball, sportsmanship, community involvement and positive contribution to their team. McCarthy, along with his wife Amanda, raised more than $18,000 to aid the people and animals who were displaced due to the devastating fires in Colorado this past June. The McCarthys, who both attended Cheyenne Mountain High School in Colorado Springs, Col., raised funds through an autograph session with McCarthy and other A’s players, silent auction before an A’s game in July, and an online auction of autographed memorabilia from players across the league.
Dave Stewart Community Service Award: A’s outfielder/designated hitter Jonny Gomes has been named the recipient of the 2012 Dave Stewart Community Service Award, which is given annually to an A’s player in recognition of charitable contributions throughout Northern California and across the nation. Stewart will present Gomes with the award prior to Saturday’s game in a special on-field ceremony. Gomes, a native of Petaluma, was an avid supporter of the Petaluma National Little Leaguers throughout the team’s epic journey to the Little League World Series. In addition to cheering on the team, he helped raise money to cover families’ transportation and lodging costs at the World Series, hosted and honored the team at O.co Coliseum, gave each Little Leaguer a new pair of Nike cleats, and made a guest appearance at their celebration dinner in Petaluma. Gomes also supported TroopsDirect, the Wounded Warrior Project, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Alternative Family Services and David Benzer Torture Cancer Foundation, among others this season. In October, he plans to participate as a guest coach at Camp for Cure, a charity baseball clinic held in Petaluma each year that raises funds to aid in the research and treatment of cancer, lupus and diabetes.
Jim "Catfish" Hunter Award: The A's will present the Ninth Annual Jim "Catfish" Hunter Award on Tuesday, Oct. 2 prior to the game against the Texas Rangers. The award honors an A's player whose play on the field and conduct in the clubhouse best exemplifies the competitive, inspirational and courageous spirit of the Hall of Fame pitcher.
Bill King College Scholarship: Prior to the game on Monday, Oct. 1, the A’s Community Fund will present a check for $3,000 to San Francisco native, Juan Paul De Anda, a senior journalism major at San Francisco State University who holds a 3.87 GPA, as the winner of the Bill King Scholarship. The Bill King Scholarship was established in 2006, to award a scholarship to a Bay Area college student majoring in broadcasting or journalism, in memory of the legendary broadcaster Bill King who served as the play-by-play voice of the A’s for 25 seasons before passing away in October of 2005.
Promotions and Special Events
A’s Promotional Giveaway Items: On Saturday, Sept. 29, 10,000 fans will receive an A’s team photo, courtesy of Kingsford Capital Management, and on Sunday, Sept. 30 10,000 fans will receive a Deuce Brand sports watch, presented by Pepsi.
Fan Appreciation Weekend: For the three-game series vs. Seattle from Sept. 28-30, fans will have the chance to win a number of prizes and experiences during the game. Prizes include A’s apparel, autographed items, tickets, the opportunity be the guest PA announcer or chance to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before a game in 2013, and much more.