A look at some notable facts and figures from the Detroit Tigers' 3-2 win over the Oakland Athletics in Game 1 of the American League Division Series at O.co Coliseum on Friday.
• This is Oakland's third consecutive postseason series against Detroit (2012 ALDS, '06 AL Championship Series), and the A's have lost all three series openers. The Athletics have lost eight of their last 10 playoff games.
• Max Scherzer (21-3) vs. Bartolo Colon (18-6) was just the second postseason matchup in the last 50 years to feature two starting pitchers with at least 15 wins and a .750 winning percentage, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
• Scherzer recorded a postseason career-high 11 strikeouts over seven innings in the win. He's 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA in two postseason starts against the Athletics.
• Colon is 0-8 with a 6.75 ERA over his last 15 games (14 starts) against Detroit. He hasn't beaten the Tigers since April 13, 2003.
• It was the first time Colon allowed three runs in the first inning since June 12, 2012, against the Rockies.
• Oakland's left fielder Yoenis Cespedes went 2-for-4 with a triple and a home run and has hit safely in all six postseason games in his career. He joins Rickey Henderson from Game 4 of the 1989 World Series as the only players in Athletics history with a triple and home run in a postseason game.
• The home run hit by Cespedes was his first career homer in the playoffs. Cespedes' triple was the first by an A's player in the postseason since Adam Melhuse in Game 4 of the 2003 ALDS.
• Detroit's pitchers struck out 16, a postseason franchise record. It was also a franchise postseason record for the A's offense.
• Tigers closer Joaquin Benoit earned his first career postseason save.
• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Jose Iglesias became the first rookie to start at shortstop for the Tigers in a postseason game since Donie Bush in the 1909 World Series.
• There were 48,401 fans at O.co Coliseum, Oakland's largest baseball attendance since June 27, 2004.
• Colon is the oldest pitcher in A's history to start a playoff game at 40 years, 133 days.
• A's right fielder Josh Reddick had his first career postseason outfield assist and has now thrown out five runners over his last eight games.
• The Tigers are 24-4 this season when scoring at least three runs in games started by Scherzer.
Bobby Nightengale is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.